Filming in Antwerp
Are you looking for a location in Antwerp to film a scene from your movie, TV-production, advertisement, promotional film or final project for your degree? Or do you need to apply to get permission for your production? The “film team” (filmcel) from the city of Antwerp can help.
How to apply for permission?
Filmmakers should apply for the city’s permission if they plan to film on public roads in Antwerp. Please make sure you submit your application well in time. The amount of time it takes for a licence to be issued varies according to the size of the production:
- 6 working days for small productions
- 14 working days for medium-sized productions
- 1 month for movie and television productions
How can we help you?
The “film team”:
- Helps you coordinate different city services, so that, for example, they can provide technical support during your production.
- Supports your production work administratively and logistically.
Antwerp Film Bonus
The city of Antwerp has an economic film fund with two objectives:
- Attracting Belgian and international film projects to enhance the international image
- Stimulating the production of audiovisual works and strengthen the audiovisual sector in Antwerp
For the 1st call of the film fund, you may still submit an application before May 15th, 2017, for an amount of € 100,000. In June you will receive information regarding the award of the Antwerp Film Bonus.
The regulations can be found here (.pdf) .
Did you know?
Investors in Belgian audio-visual productions can enjoy the “Tax Shelter” or a tax exemption equalling 150% of the amount invested.
Independent audio-visual production companies officially established in Belgium are entitled to support of up to EUR 400,000 to cover their expenses. For more information, please contact Screen Flanders.
Film locations in Antwerp
In the city’s film production guide (.pdf) you’ll find statistics about the people of Antwerp, interesting historical facts, information about typical weather, public holidays, etc.